Supa Centa Moore Park, Cnr Todman Avenue & South Dowling Street, Kensington NSW 2033, Australia
2.3
Style and Design

Bought dining table, chairs, and TV console on 31/8 with 3 weeks expected lead time for delivery at $99.No follow up call that delivery is ready until we called [4 weeks].

Console and chairs arrive in flat-pack (no one told us it will be in a flat-pack otherwise we could have picked it up in our car on the weekend and driven 5km, not paid $99 for the inconvenience of organizing a delivery time and taking the day off work only to wait home for a drop off). Drivers drop off and leave – when asked if they will assemble the furniture, they tell me (at the point of delivery) that assembly is separate and we have to call someone else! So I call to make a complaint and speak with Paul who stays silent on the phone, demonstrating no interest in what I’m saying, nor offers a solution. It gets worse: I open the flat-pack and the legs of the console are missing.

Their solution: we must take another day off work for pickup of console (sans legs), wait 3 weeks a replacement [8 weeks], and take another day off work for delivery round 2. The person we are talking to can’t order the replacement, so we must wait till Monday to call the support center to process the replacement [9 weeks]. Come Monday, the support center tells us to respond to their email requesting replacement. They call us back the following Friday afternoon, requesting a photo of the batch number before they process the replacement – this would be the first time this was requested, why did they not mention this 2 weeks ago?!

[11 weeks] I’m naturally working and not at home, so I can’t get that photo sent until Friday evening which they will naturally open the following Friday [12 weeks]. Long story short, this 3 weeks has stretched to 12+ weeks. They also promised that they will include assembly of the console and the dining table when it arrives… The dining table arrived today. When I asked the driver to put it together because it was promised, he informed me that they only put together couches.

I give up and feel like I'm talking to a group of robots who insincerely repeat 'I understand' whilst ignoring the issue and offering no solution. It's clear that the culture is rotten, the processes are unskillfully designed and focused on lowering cost and acquiring money from customers by not disclosing key information like that $99 delivery doesn't include assembly, and that furniture comes in flat-packs that you may need an electric screwdriver for. No initiative from staff to help you.

No goodwill.No sense of urgency.

Review about: Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: 1. Sincere apology 2. prompt order of the console 3. assembly of the console and dining table 4. refund of the delivery fee.

I didn't like: Attitude of call center, Very poor after sales service, Delays in responding to customer, No follow through or follow up, Dis-empowering processes.

Comments

"shocked and appalled" ?

About furniture ?

I'm shocked and appalled by The Holocaust, Hiroshima, Cancer, Rocket Man, and green water in the bay.

Tone it down.Disappointed, perhaps.

Annoyed ? Sure. Out some money ?

Likely.

Not "shocked and appalled, please.Drama Queen .